THURSDAY 5TH MARCH 2009
Lewis and I went on a bookbinding course near Petersfield today. We got to the ladies house just before 9am and didn't finish until 5.30 - it was such a good day! We started by talking to her about what we wanted to get out of the day and things we wanted to learn. She then advised what she thought would be best and then we started. I made a book using link stitching and kettle stitches. My aim for the day was to work out a way of binding a book so that it looked professional and opened flat on each page. Perfect binding doesn't allow this to happen and because the book I am making will contain images, I don't want them to be lost down gutters if I chose to have a full page image at some point. We were shown everything from start to finish. I decided that instead of making the book fully, I would complete the top half but leave the bottom half unfinished so the stitching can be seen and the covering methods can be seen. I will upload some pictures later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment