Back to the packaging brief!

FRIDAY 7TH NOVEMBER 2008

Today it was really nice to have the day free to spend on the packaging brief - I think all of us that are working on the Ink Rooms Re-brand have felt as if we are really behind due to spending so much time on that, but, after the crit this morning it doesn't seem that is the case, as much as we thought anyway!

I spent today getting my box design finalised and researching into what I am going to have as my design for it.

I am working on design sheets this time - which I did for Typeradio last year - it might sound wierd, but I really struggle with it, I much prefer working in my sketch book. But I have started now so will carry on. I think its because I like to be organised, sometimes too much! Working in a sketchbook guarantees everything is in order - sounds sad I know - but hey! It is good practice for the real world anyway. Perhaps next time I can do my preliminary research and sketches etc in my sketchbook, and then have design sheets towards the end.

I think I am getting there with this brief - I have found lots of sites that have surf facts and info that I can use. I am just trying to decide at the moment how the watch is going to be inside the box - wrapped round a cushion? plastic stand? cardboard stand?

I really really need to look at the ISTD briefs too! I still haven't and am panicking about that! LOTS! I think this weekend I should have time, if I get loads of the packaging work out the way that should leave me some time to start focusing on ISTD - which, coincidently, has to be submitted on design sheets :o(



No comments: