Long overdue update...

MONDAY 17TH NOVEMBER 2008

I haven't updated my blog for a while, so here is a long overdue update!

INK BAR

We have had an email from Chloe telling us we are on the VIP guest list for the launch party which is on Thursday! There is going to be a photographer there to take photos of us next to the branding!

Megs and I still haven't heard anything back about my cover letter or her flyers - I know they have been really busy with the launch, so maybe they decided to leave these for now. In Chloe's email she did say she would sit down and reply to our emails tomorrow when she had some spare time ... but for now we will just look forward to the party :o)


PENGUIN Getting Into Publishing Day

I applied for this a got invited to attend! It is this Thursday ... I need to be there at 9.30 and it goes on until about 1.30 - 2pm - so as soon as its finished I need to get back to Bournemouth in time for the Launch Party for the Ink Bar! Its going to be a busy day but I am sure it will be well worth it!


PACKAGING BRIEF

This has gone really well considering how behind we all thought we were after doing the Ink Bar Brief. I have managed to get loads of research done and get a solid idea together with enough time to work through it and produce mock ups and preliminary designs in time for the Final Crit - I really wanted to have something ready so that I could get something out of the crit, such as suggestions for improvements etc. Sally has said that the group that worked on the Ink Bar can have an extension on the hand in date - but ideally I want to keep working and get everything finished as early as possible. We don't get briefed on the next project until next Thursday, so that gives me some time to catch up on last minute bits that need doing.


ISTD

I am still really not sure what I am doing about this. Megs and I are having a meeting with Sally this afternoon to try and get a better understanding of what is expected/required. I think, especially due to the talk we had last year about it, we are a little bit daunted - but Sally said there is no need to be - so we just really need to work out what we are doing and start researching! That is my aim for this week!

I think that just about covers everything that has happened! I will update if I think of anything else!


No comments: