Packaging Evaluation

MONDAY 24TH NOVEMBER 2008

I found the packaging brief really hard to get into and really struggled to grasp the what the brief wanted us to do. After a few chats with Neil and Clare I felt a lot more confident and understood more clearly what we needed to do. Design FOR Packaging. As always, once I started researching I really got into the project - I find that the more research I do, the more confident I am about my ideas and the less I worry! I have produced 2 final boxes - one for Surfers and one for Snowboarders. I am pleased with how they have turned out. I really like the fact that the box is completely black on the outside with only the Animal Logo on it, and then when you open it, the typographic facts are revealed. I can visualise how the boxes would look if they were actually printed on the recycled cardboard I have in mind and I think they would work really well. There is a lot of recycled cardboard objects around - Paperchase do a large range of diaries, notebooks and photo albums that are made of recycled materials - but still look really really nice. I definitely found this brief challenging, but towards the end I really got into it. I think it is sometimes just a case of when you come to a dead end, just keeping working and researching and eventually you will find a way out - in my case anyway!

No comments: