THURSDAY 27TH NOVEMBER 2008
We were given our new brief today for Screen Based Communication 2! I am really excited by the project, if not a little worried! I think that once I get into it I will be fine - but we are back to a blank canvas again and this is always quite daunting ... but as always ... plenty of research and ideas generation techniques usually gets me through and heading towards an idea!
There are so many things I need to consider for this brief including:
- What am I going to call myself?! I am definately not calling myself Vicky Martin, or Vicky Martin Design or basically anything with my name in it as I don't like how it sounds, or looks on the page! I was born Victoria Martin - but I don't like that either, I never call myself that, so it doesn't seem right to use it as an identity. So this leaves me with coming up with a name and forming a company identity that I can register. I have been thinking about this so much lately, but just can't seem to come up with anything that I really like! I am hoping something will come up soon though!
- I also need to think about the sort of designer I am - this is a difficult thing for me to do as I have always felt quite lost as to where my niche is. I feel I have strengths in type setting, layouts, design for print - I need to show the type of designer I am through my website. There are so many things I like and am interested in, but this website is about me and what I do and what my strengths are!
So, on with the research and ideas generation!
I am planning on spending Friday on this project. I can then come in on Monday and Tuesday and spend those days working on the ISTD brief ready for when Mike Ryan comes in on Friday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment