THURSDAY 22ND JANUARY 2009
In my CSS for my site I had applied a background colour to my body div so that it filled the whole browser window - I greyed this out a couple of weeks ago (put /* and */ before and after) in order to allow me to still see the edges of my site to line things up neatly. I made the background active again and then felt that the site was kind of lost. It is centred to the browser window, but you can't tell where the edges are. Its okay when you are in a gallery because that gives a clear indication of the edges of the website, but if you are on a menu page, or the my work page then it looks lost. I decided to put a border at the bottom of my left and right columns just to contact my site in. Initially I applied a 0.5px white border, this was fine when previewed in Firefox, but it didn't show up in Safari. So, I changed it to 1px instead which worked. Neil said Safari probably only reads round numbers.
It is looking like a site now, all the brief descriptions are on too. For my menu bar and menus I used Existence Unicase in CAPS - my briefs are in Existence Light but in lower case. I asked a few people what they thought and they preferred it in lower case as it is. But the more I look at it the more I want to change it to the same font as the menu bars. I know that blocks of CAPS can be hard to read, but I would still like to try it because something doesn't feel right about it.
Jo uploaded my site towards the end of the day:
www.visualcommunication.org/victoria_martin/
I checked it and the gallery for my Summer Photographs wasnt working. Neil came and had a look at my images and my code and said that it was simply because the filepath for the images was images/Flowers01.jpg but in my code I had written it as images/flowers01.jpg - I had written flowers with a lower case 'f' but the actual image was saved with an upper case 'F'.
I have amended everything, and also checked that my statcounter script is in there. It is now ready for uploading again ... phew!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment