Catherine Griffiths_Typeradio

MONDAY 20TH OCTOBER 2008 - During our Typeradio project last year I emailed Catherine Griffiths as it was her interview I was doing the layout for. I knew she was a very busy lady so to be honest I didn't expect a reply from her. She emailed me back saying she had been in Alaska but was now back and she would respond to my email fully as soon as possible. I sent her one back saying Thank You so much for the reply. I explained that we had now finished the project, but I would love to hear from her, however there was no rush, just when she had time. I got an email today from her:


Dear Vicky,

The terrible thing is, that you wrote to me months and months ago. Currently I'm living in Paris for another six weeks, and as you may know, have taken on the huge project of organising a typography symposium for New Zealand http://www.typeshed11.co.nz which has left precious little time for anything else, including all my student requests. You have probably (and quite rightly) given up on me, but here is a folder of articles that may no longer be of any use to you at all. As well, a link to these and more ...
http://www.catherinegriffiths.co.nz/00%203.ARTICLES.html
While it's far too late, you've probably graduated by now, I'll be much more attentive after February, and would be available for portfolio reviews or any other questions you may have.

Again, my apologies.

All the best,
Catherine



How lovely to get a reply! The Typeshed website is really great, I love it!

Catherine also attached a folder with a few documents and publications to do with Typography and also her work which are really interesting.

I am going to forward the email onto Lewis, I think he will be interested in what she has sent me.

I am going to send a reply tomorrow thanking her for taking the time to send me the information.

No comments: