PAL Session Number 1
MONDAY 13TH OCTOBER 2008 - We had our first PAL session this morning for an hour! We think it went really well, unless they were just being polite! We had doughnuts, cakes and squash. We started by introducing ourselves and explaining about PAL as most of them didn't seem to know what it was. They were all very receptive and listened to us, which is good. We did the pass the parcel icebreaker, which I think got everyone joking and talking. There was a question or a task and a sweet in each layer. It was slightly daunting to start with, but like I said, they all listened and seemed really keen to make the most of the sessions going forward. I think I would have been the same had we started the sessions this early - its when PAL leaders are really needed I think, as its when the first years will be finding their feet and wanting to ask questions. They are doing text and image at the moment, so they have asked to see some of our work - which we are happy to show them, but will make sure they know what grade and feedback we got - we don't want them to think that our work is the right answer. I know how they feel though; I would have found it useful, actually, in a way, reassuring to see the second years work last year. Its so hard to know how well you are doing if you can't grasp what’s expected of you. Obviously they will all try their best, but it is still nice to have some idea where you are. I think by next week they will have lots to ask us, which is good. We spoke to them about our Blogs - none of them really seemed keen on doing them, but we explained how much it would help them with their PPRD to do the work as they go along, rather than leaving it until next year and panicking!
Labels:
PAL,
Personal Development
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment