A Productive Day...

FRIDAY 17TH OCTOBER 2008 - I spent today working on designs for my cards. I am going to produce 2 sets of 6. One set of newspaper print designs and one set of most likely the same design pattern, but using different patterned paper for each one. I am going to produce the 12 greetings cards, and then if I have enough time before Friday, I am going to design some of my own patterned paper to use. I think it would be really great if I could produce my own paper pattern as I can choose my colour pallette and also, as I know what each piece of paper looks like when folded, I should be able to tailor the pattern to show certain ares in particular when folded. It will be very time consuming, but I think it will be worth it. At the moment I am constrained colour wise by the paper I have sourced. It is lovely paper, but there are a few things I would change if it was my design.

I went to the book shop in Winton this afternoon as well with Milla, Lewis and Matt. I was hoping to get some lovely old books, with really nice pages that I could scan in and print off, to use as paper for the origami. I got a few really lovely old leather bound books from between 1898 and 1947. A couple of them have a note written in the front where they have been given as a gift to someone. Incredible! and they were only about £2 or £3 each! I'm so happy with them and you can smell the log fire smell on them. Its my new favourite shop :o)

I need to re-do my CV tonight as I want to apply to go on the day trip to Penguin. I am really interested in publishing and book design so this would be an amazing opportunity for me. Kit is going to look over it before it gets sent off with the application.

No comments: