Greetings Cards_Interim Critique
THURSDAY 16TH OCTOBER 2008 - We had our interim crit today for the greetings cards project. My idea to take forward was to use collage of photographs, magazine cut outs, bits of type and some of the Kaleidoscope Origami that I have done (otherwise known as Tea Bag Folding). I also wanted to include some vector flower patterns which I would have created myself in Illustrator. Claire and Neil led the crit and they think that the origami is very strong on its own and doesn't necessarily need collage etc with it. After thinking about it I can see that the origami is strong enough on its own and collage will only take away from the complexity of the designs. I am going to focus on trying out various patterns with various materials (magazine cuttings, newspaper print, patterned paper etc) to see what works best. I think that mounting them on plain card will work well and they will really stand out. I'm feeling much better about this project now and am really eager to get started on some designs!
Labels:
Crits,
Greetings Cards Brief
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment