FRIDAY 10TH OCTOBER 2008 - Today was the start of the second part of our brief, Greetings Cards. Claire Sewell, a greetings cards designer, came in to talk to us and show us her portfolio. It was really interesting. She spent the afternoon with us and spoke to each of us about our ideas and what we thought we would like to do. I spent the afternoon researching. The first thing we were told to decide on was our audience - mine is females around my age, so my range is 21-30 or thereabouts. I have so many birthday cards at home that are so lovely and I would love to keep them up, purely for their design, but they say 'Happy Birthday' on them, or something along those lines, so I take them down. I want my cards to have no greeting on the front. I am still deciding whether to put a greeting inside or not. In a way, this might limit my market. The buyer would be purchasing the card due to the design on the front, it may be as a Thank You card, or a birthday card, and so writing a greeting inside may limit people.
I spent the afternoon researching greetings card designers, current trends and things that I like. I am going to go into town over the weekend and have a look around, see how shops and companies are communicating with people in my a range, what things they are using to appeal to them.
I am going to look at the D&AD and ISTD briefs at some point over the weekend too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment