Look Again / Think Again Crit

THURSDAY 9TH OCTOBER 2008 - We had the crit today for Look Again / Think Again. I pinned up what I had so far, and a rough visual of what I wanted it to look like.

The majority of the feedback was that I needed to have some sort of human element in it, a picture of myself that all the memories link back to. I think people thought it was strange to look at things so methodically. I can completely see this, it makes sense. But I felt that the obvious way to approach this could be sentimental, but the point of the poster was to make people realise that memories aren't just memories. The good ones and the bad ones all make you who you are today. I steered away from using photography because I felt that lots of images could look a bit tacky in some ways, and I didn't want to risk that. Neil also mentioned that I should include some more lighthearted memories in there as well. I am going to work on this poster bit by bit now. I think I will take a break from it, as I have been thinking about it too much, and coming back to it with fresh eyes might make me see more clearly what I need to do.

No comments: